Recent Topics

Welcome to Theoben Rapid Forum. Please login or sign up.

Members
  • Total Members: 1,064
  • Latest: Rob W
Stats
  • Total Posts: 22,855
  • Total Topics: 3,301
  • Online today: 52
  • Online ever: 1,511 (July 25, 2026, 07:29:23 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 21
  • Total: 21
  • Google
  • Baidu (3)

Twitter YouTube Facebook

Theoben Rapid Forum

Click above to make a donation. Thank you for supporting The Theoben Rapid Forum.

Greetings from South Somerset

Started by Chips, October 09, 2022, 03:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chips

Hello everyone - My name is Charlie or Chips and I just wanted to show thanks for this forum and introduce myself.

I have a Mk1 rapid in .22 running at 28 ft/lbs when it behaves itself. It's serial no. 507 so quite early. Different stock and barrel now. Meopta Optika 5 2-10x42 with Pard 007 for night 'work'.

The other week I picked up a beautiful Mk2 in the same calibre which I believe KevG tuned about 4 years ago. 20" Lothar Walther barrel. Running at 31 ft/lbs. Schmidt and Bender 8x56. In all honesty I haven't put it down since.

I am fortunate to have easy access to some fantastic shooting countryside here in Somerset. I think my greatest luxury in life is being able to walk out of my front door with a rifle, returning hours later with freshly shot game for the pot.

I also shoot a Sandwell Field Sports Imp mk2, and an Anschutz 1517 17hmr.

I used to shoot a lot of .22LR but hunting has always been my passion and after 25 years of crawling through undergrowth and mud with many different rifles I'd choose a Rapid for the job over everything else.

Am mostly interested in knowledge of the countryside and wildlife gained through hunting. Hoping to one day pass that knowledge on.

Good to be here !

C.







Like Like x 2 View List

Ca_Varminter

Hi Chips,

Glad you found all us Rapid Lovers here, and decided to join in on the Fun.
Looking forward to your post about your adventures with that new to you MKII..
Well if you ever have any problems......KevG should help get it right....
Of course along with all the fine members here, will help too!!
Enjoy!

Visit Us as Often as You Can!
Stuart

nevadacowboy

Bob
Once a Sapper always a Sapper

KevG

welcome to the forum Charlie looking forward to some interesting post from you.ime sure you will have plenty of knowledge to pass on.
KevG
Regards KevG.
Administrator

Daztilley

Regards Daztilley
Moderator

KCE

Hi Charlie.
Welcome to the forum.
We hope you like what you see here and look forward to reading your posts in time.
You have some nice rapids there by the sounds of it.
They have stood the test of time and will go on to do so for many more years.
Enjoy the forum.
Regards kev.

PS check out our dedicated youtube channel on here for some great videos.
Regards KCE
Admin.

telbert

Welcome Chips, your'e dedfinitely in the right place if your'e looking for help & advice.

Chips

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Am looking forward to being a part of this community.
Kind Regards,
C.
Like Like x 2 View List

RAPIDFIRE

Hi Chips
Welcome to the forum
Atb
Steve

This website is proudly hosted on Crocweb Cloud Website Hosting.

Crocweb Cloud Website Hosting

Welcome to the Theoben Rapid Forum

© 2026 Theoben Rapid Forum. All rights reserved.