Recent Topics

Welcome to Theoben Rapid Forum. Please login or sign up.

Members
  • Total Members: 1,064
  • Latest: Rob W
Stats
  • Total Posts: 22,855
  • Total Topics: 3,301
  • Online today: 44
  • Online ever: 1,511 (July 25, 2026, 07:29:23 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 28
  • Total: 28
  • Google
  • Baidu (2)

Twitter YouTube Facebook

Theoben Rapid Forum

Click above to make a donation. Thank you for supporting The Theoben Rapid Forum.

Evo Conversion

Started by oldskoolzzz, October 17, 2020, 03:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldskoolzzz

I know this will be very much a split opinion on de-ramming a Theoben however not without reason  ;)

Over the years I've had a fair few Rammers, Fenmans, Evo's, SLR98's etc

However on a few odd occasions I've sourced poorly broken versions and used them to experiment with on Spring conversions.

Some of you that frequent the bbs might remember a few threads from many years back on the subject.

Anyway fast forward to early 2019 and I picked up a poorly Evo this had the common inertia weight leak and was a bitch to cock.

Even with ram pressure fully depressurised the trapped high pressure air in front of the inertia weight still had enough power to make 5FPE  ;D

So once fully stripped it was a prime candidate for another conversion.

It's a straight forward conversion unusually using a Titan no2 Mainspring and sorting out a rear guide etc.

It was a quick turnaround and I had an engineering friend who wanted to buy it so I did a deal and my friend went to town doing an even better conversion job (having all the tools helps) so after it was done my engineering friend was still unimpressed with the trigger so sold it back to myself.

Hence I've had this Evo for a little while now and owned it twice.

I've given it my son to cherish as it's something different and it shoots superb still retains its very quick locktime with the bonus being it won't wreck scopes or ever leak  :P

It's running 11.5 super smooth to cock and I've fooled many folks thinking it's still gasram power with its shot cycle.

Like Like x 1 View List

The Robin

Nice and an interesting read, I've never had a gasram but didn't realise you could convert them to a spring set up. Is this a hard process to do?

I bet your happy how it all worked out and the gun looks great
BASC member

oldskoolzzz

Quote from: The Robin on October 19, 2020, 01:35:13 PM
Nice and an interesting read, I've never had a gasram but didn't realise you could convert them to a spring set up. Is this a hard process to do?

I bet your happy how it all worked out and the gun looks great

Thank you Robin  8)

They are relatively easy enough to convert to spring.

Even Titan sell the No2 Spring as the conversion spring for the HW90.

I personally only convert them if the original ram has issues and it's bought more as a project rifle.

On the .177 and .20 rammers it can be quite difficult to get them to make decent power when spring converted and from experience the .22 works best.

The trigger slightly improves with spring pressure on the sears instead of the ram pressure which is another plus point.

I understand it's not everyone's cuppa especially with folk liking originality of the rammers etc however it's simple enough to convert back to gas ram if really needed.

This website is proudly hosted on Crocweb Cloud Website Hosting.

Crocweb Cloud Website Hosting

Welcome to the Theoben Rapid Forum

© 2026 Theoben Rapid Forum. All rights reserved.