Recent Topics

Welcome to Theoben Rapid Forum. Please login or sign up.

Members
  • Total Members: 1,064
  • Latest: Rob W
Stats
  • Total Posts: 22,848
  • Total Topics: 3,298
  • Online today: 53
  • Online ever: 1,511 (July 25, 2026, 07:29:23 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 35
  • Total: 35
  • Google
  • Baidu (2)

Twitter YouTube Facebook

Theoben Rapid Forum

Click above to make a donation. Thank you for supporting The Theoben Rapid Forum.

Hello, I'm Mike, also known as Gap-Shot.

Started by Gap-Shot, September 08, 2022, 10:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gap-Shot

A new Member here to the world of Theoben rifles, and looking forward to learn all that I've missed. Eventually I hope to acquire or build a sub 12ft lb Rapid 7 in .177 calibre.
I'm relatively new to the air rifle hobby, and have recently returned to the UK after a lifetime living overseas where the shooting hobby is less restricted. I competed in Trap, Small Bore, High Power, and the Bench Rest Discipline's over the years, and hope to compete at airgun club activities in the future.  :)
Mike

KevG

welcome Mike,hope you find the forum useful  plenty of help and advice on here.
KevG
Regards KevG.
Administrator

Ca_Varminter

Hi Gap-Shot,

I am glad we have a New Potential Rapid Owner!!
Take a walk around out site, you will have plenty to see..
Also we have a Gallery board... With plenty of Eye-Candy!
If you have any questions, don't be afraid to Ask!
We are a Friendly Bunch of Rabid Fox Rapid Owners(inside joke..you will figure it out)

Visit Us as Often as You Can
Stuart

Gap-Shot

Hello Kev & Stuart,

Thank you for the words of welcome. What I understand so far about the Rapid 7's, is that they are highly regarded by many, who consider them to be at the zenith of design and build quality; which I think could be similarly compared to Winchester Model 52 sporter rifles, so high praise indeed.
Mike

Gap-Shot

Quote from: Ca_Varminter on September 09, 2022, 01:47:00 AM
Hi Gap-Shot,

I am glad we have a New Potential Rapid Owner!!
Take a walk around out site, you will have plenty to see..
Also we have a Gallery board... With plenty of Eye-Candy!
If you have any questions, don't be afraid to Ask!
We are a Friendly Bunch of Rabid Fox Rapid Owners(inside joke..you will figure it out)

Visit Us as Often as You Can
Stuart
Hi Stuart,

I see you are from Northern California. I lived and varmint hunted on the Central Coast for a little over 35 years, and I'm confident the coyotes and thousands of ground squirrels were happy to see me leave, lol.
Mike

Ca_Varminter

Hi Mike

Well that just leaves more for me!
My Long Range weapons of choice:
Rem 700 .22-250 40deg.A.I. 52gr Sierra bthp match@4000fps single set trigger 1.5ozs
AR15 20" ssmatch barrel, .20tact 32gr hp@4100fps
.22 yotes and longrange splats
.20 medium long fun gun for ground squirrels and the occasional yote that wonder in..

Stuart

Gap-Shot

That .22-250 is shooting quite hot ! My preferred 300 yard squirrel gun was my sleeved 700 in .22 BR with 2oz Shillen trigger. The barrel liked the cheap 50 grain speer at 3400 fps .
Don't know if city are doing it any more, but have you been to one of the "squirrel war" events in Cedarville ? 
   
Mike

nevadacowboy

Bob
Once a Sapper always a Sapper

Ca_Varminter

I have heard of the event...sort of...
But No....
One of my old permissions... Kenny Roberts(motorcycles racer) ranch outside of Modesto... Next to Foster Farms chicken Ranch!!
I have to alway let my barrel cool.. So Much action!!!

Stuart

Gap-Shot

Mike

KCE

Hi Mike,
Welcome to the forum.
We hope you like what you see on here and look forward to your posts in time.
Plenty of good members on here to give help and advise when needed.
Enjoy the forum.

Regards Kev.
Like Like x 1 View List
Regards KCE
Admin.

Gap-Shot

Quote from: KCE on September 11, 2022, 02:51:09 PM
Hi Mike,
Welcome to the forum.
We hope you like what you see on here and look forward to your posts in time.
Plenty of good members on here to give help and advise when needed.
Enjoy the forum.

Regards Kev.
Thanks Kev,

I was fortunate to stumble upon a good deal on a Rapid 7 this morning. Timing was perfect as it was posted only a few minutes before on the AGF site. Unfortunately, my coffee got cold during the transaction, but that's a small price to pay as shortly I will be part of the collective here.  :)
Like Like x 2 View List
Mike

OlympusCol

Hi Mike

Thanks for the heads up on this place. I'll have a look around and see whats going on

Colin
Like Like x 1 View List

This website is proudly hosted on Crocweb Cloud Website Hosting.

Crocweb Cloud Website Hosting

Welcome to the Theoben Rapid Forum

© 2026 Theoben Rapid Forum. All rights reserved.