Recent Topics

Welcome to Theoben Rapid Forum. Please login or sign up.

Members
  • Total Members: 1,064
  • Latest: Rob W
Stats
  • Total Posts: 22,848
  • Total Topics: 3,298
  • Online today: 53
  • Online ever: 1,511 (July 25, 2026, 07:29:23 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32
  • Baidu

Twitter YouTube Facebook

Theoben Rapid Forum

Click above to make a donation. Thank you for supporting The Theoben Rapid Forum.

Hello from Dundee

Started by mnementh, July 23, 2021, 05:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnementh

Hi everyone.

Just a swift note to introduce myself here.

Name is Sandy from Dundee in Scotland.
Age 69
Airgun user for well over 20 years
Theoben Ropid MFR bought from Blackpool Air Rifles many years ago.

As you will be aware, the cretins in Scottish politics are very anti gun (of any kind) and required air gun users get a license for sub 12 ft/lb rifles in the sad belief this would convince bad people to stop using guns.

This came in in 2016 but before that, I was able to get my collection into storage with an RFD friend.

I didn't expect to get back into it but the call was too strong, so I applied for and got my license last year. You would not believe the hoops you have to jump through to get by the way.

Last gun up is my MFR, so thought it wise to come on this forum for any info I could glean.

Over the last few months I've been overhauling my rifles, replacing "O" rings, etc. The most irritating "O" ring to swap was the one on the bottle probe that isn't on standard Rapids (I think).

The main grief was chasing leaks round and round and getting the correct seals.

I still need to strip down the receiver and clean up all and sundry round the trigger and bolt assembly.

I haven't had a chance to rummage around the forum as yet but hopefully there will be a "files" section with things like user manuals and exploded diagrams.

Anyway, my best to all you guys (and gals) in your endeavours, be it hunting or Target.

Sandy.
Like Like x 1 View List

Ca_Varminter

Hi Sandy,

Glad to hear you are getting back into Airgunning, and getting reacquainted with your MFR.
Hope you get the chance to explore of site for the info you need.
If you can't find the info, just Ask! We have plenty of Rapid Owners willing to help!

Have fun... Post of few Photos of your MFR when it is up and Running!!

Visit Us as Often as You Can!
Stuart

Daztilley

Welcome Sandy 👍 from a fellow AWC holder 👍
Regards Daztilley
Moderator

williamthedog

Welcome to the forum Sandy 👍

mnementh

Hi guys,
many thanks for the kind words.

Rifle collection (at present ?)

Falcon Raptor Lighthunter .22
Sportsmatch MkII GC2 .177
Air Arms S200 MkI .22
Air Arms S200 MkII .177
Air Arms S410K .177
Air Arms Pro Target MkIII .177
Webley Raider MkI single shot .177
Hatsan Nova Star .177 (latest buy)
Crosman Rat Catcher model 2250 .22 (CO2 power)
Theoben Rapid MFR .177

The Falcon kicked off my airgunning when I won it in an Airgun World competition about 23 years ago.

I also have a small desktop lathe (Emco Compact 5 CNC) that is quite "ill" at the moment that allows me to make bits and pieces for the collection.

I particularly make my own silencers that are pretty much as quiet as the ubiquitous Weirauch.

When the SNP started their licensing madness up here, I was pretty pro-active in trying to fight against the tide but sadly, without much chance as the newspapers had their "soundbites" and everything about gun use was anathema to them.

I was even featured in one of my local papers (Dundee Telegraph) with a picture of me and the MFR featured (attached)

This was at least 6 or 7 years ago.

Sadly just as futile as everything else.

Anyway guys, have fun and be safe.

Sandy.

nevadacowboy

Bob
Once a Sapper always a Sapper

KCE

Welcome on board Sandy.
We hope you like what you see on here and enjoy your stay here with us.
feel free to get involved with any postings and if you need anything just ask away.
Plenty of great members on here with much info on theobens always willing to help out.

Regards Kev.
Regards KCE
Admin.

Ca_Varminter

Quote from: mnementh on July 24, 2021, 08:39:53 AM
Hi guys,
many thanks for the kind words.



I also have a small desktop lathe (Emco Compact 5 CNC) that is quite "ill" at the moment that allows me to make bits and pieces for the collection.

I particularly make my own silencers that are pretty much as quiet as the ubiquitous Weirauch.


Anyway guys, have fun and be safe.

Sandy.

Always nice to have a fellow hobby Machinist on board!
That is the exact Lathe I use.....
I always dream of upgrading.... if I only had the room in my little shop!!

Here I am turning some Grade 5 Titanium for a Valve-stem for one of my Rapids...


Btw. Nice collection you have there!
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Stuart

mnementh

#8
Hi Stuart,
didn't think there were many Compact 5 CNC users around these days.

Mine is pretty old and is a Mk2. No M-codes, etc.

Sadly, it's had a range of faults over the years. Mainly dried out capacitors that have a tendency to go BANG on occasion.

Latest problem is an almost total voltage fail that shuts down everything but the mains spindle supply.

Just haven't had a chance to look it over yet.

Should perhaps have mentioned that my primary hobby is Electronics, so there's really no excuse for it. Ah me!!!

Haven't tried machining Ti yet but when I get the bu**er back up and running, I might have a go.

On the gun collection, it's a strange fact that the only one that has any form of anti-tamper is the MFR and I'll need to find a way to remove the plug over the hammer section of the action without damaging it too much.

Nice to hear from you,
Sandy

KevG

welcome to the forum.sure you will have some very interesting topics to post by the look of your introduction.nice one thats what we need.
KevG
Regards KevG.
Administrator

This website is proudly hosted on Crocweb Cloud Website Hosting.

Crocweb Cloud Website Hosting

Welcome to the Theoben Rapid Forum

© 2026 Theoben Rapid Forum. All rights reserved.