Theoben Rapid Forum

Introductions. => Introductions => Topic started by: Mr Bond on January 28, 2021, 08:49:46 AM

Title: Hello folks
Post by: Mr Bond on January 28, 2021, 08:49:46 AM
Mr Bond here from near Beverley, in Yorkshire.

I've joined as I have just jumped back on the Rapid wagon again.
A nice Elan dropped in my lap recently and the last Rapids I had were 20 odd years ago so I might need to pick some brains!

Been a shooter for 40 plus years, got a bit of a collection, but love the old classics and the Elan was a grail gun for me.

Anyway, hello, and catch up later
Phil
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: KCE on January 28, 2021, 10:55:30 AM
Welcome to the forum Phil.
Good to have you onboard here with us.
you will find all you need to know about the rapid world on here so just ask away any time.
Enjoy the forum.

Regards kev.
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: nevadacowboy on January 28, 2021, 11:00:44 AM
Welcome aboard mate.
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: anthony on January 28, 2021, 03:48:41 PM
Hi Phil Welcome to the forum mate
and wish a Elan would drop into my lap    ;)
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Ca_Varminter on January 28, 2021, 04:11:59 PM
Hi Phil,

Glad you join the Madness Know as the Rapid!!!
You need to post a few Photos of your Baby!
Looking forward to helping you with any question you have!

Visit Us as Often as You Can

Stuart
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Mr Bond on January 28, 2021, 07:31:57 PM
Thanks chaps.

It came up in a trawl of the interweb, I thought it would havd sold but messaged him anyway.
I wasn't so I bought it without delay. It came with a few extras, scooe, LH Elan stock and a decent bag.

I've already been shopping at Dr Bobs.  Ooops!
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Mr Bond on January 28, 2021, 07:33:37 PM
I'm in the Beverley area, in Yorkshire. Any members round here?

Hopefully I can figure out how to load pics here too
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Mr Bond on January 28, 2021, 07:36:16 PM
Picture. Maybe.
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: KevG on January 28, 2021, 08:19:24 PM
welcome to the forum Phil m8
KevG
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: The Robin on January 28, 2021, 09:23:12 PM
Hi Phil

Welcome to the forum  :)
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Ca_Varminter on January 28, 2021, 11:18:35 PM
Great Looking Elan you have!!
I hope it shoots a good as it Looks.... It should.. It's a Rapid!!

Stuart
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Mr Bond on January 29, 2021, 08:02:09 AM
Thanks folks. Some familiar names on here!
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Mattb on January 29, 2021, 09:02:36 PM
Welcome aboard mate
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Mr Bond on January 29, 2021, 11:34:52 PM
Thanks all. I have plans for this Elan. Hopefully a nice black rifle when I'm done!
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Mr Bond on February 01, 2021, 08:28:50 AM
I said I had pland for a black rifle, well,

Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Mr Bond on February 01, 2021, 08:30:11 AM
Another pic

Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: KevG on February 01, 2021, 04:31:08 PM
I like that.keep thinking about doing one of mine in all black.
KevG
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Mr Bond on February 01, 2021, 05:38:00 PM
Cheers Kev. I love the black look, I build lots of rifles in that style.
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Mr Bond on February 01, 2021, 05:45:36 PM
Here's a couple, my BSA Ultra folding stock, lits of nice things inside you can't see

Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Mr Bond on February 01, 2021, 05:46:44 PM
Another view

Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Mr Bond on February 01, 2021, 05:48:58 PM
I can't load multiple pics. Probably because I'm 59.
::)
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Mr Bond on February 01, 2021, 05:50:51 PM
And an S200 made from crap out of a bits box, plus a few bits I had to make or buy.

Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Mr Bond on February 01, 2021, 05:52:12 PM
Wrong pic, can't edit, again as I'm 59 I would think. Ffs

Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Mr Bond on February 01, 2021, 05:52:58 PM
Here-

Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Mr Bond on February 01, 2021, 05:57:12 PM
Last try

Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Daveyb on February 01, 2021, 06:25:21 PM
I like this rifle, not mine but reminds me of my old army rifle L96A1

Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Ca_Varminter on February 01, 2021, 06:53:50 PM
I guess having Titanium exposed(no blackened)
She doesn't qualify........

(https://photos.imageevent.com/scl_electronics/gun/ultimaterapid/websize/rapid1.JPG)

But She was the World First Tactical Airtube Airgun(Rapid).......
This started the flooded!

But I do like the potential of yours!!

Stuart
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Mr Bond on February 01, 2021, 07:06:51 PM
Both fabulous and inspiring.  :)
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Daveyb on February 01, 2021, 10:03:15 PM
Stuart that stock looks spot on mate very nice
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Kernal on February 01, 2021, 10:19:28 PM
Quote from: Daveyb on February 01, 2021, 10:03:15 PM
Stuart that stock looks spot on mate very nice

Hmm dunno M8 it look`s a bit offset to me LMAO,

;)
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Daveyb on February 01, 2021, 10:22:26 PM
Quote from: Kernal on February 01, 2021, 10:19:28 PM
Quote from: Daveyb on February 01, 2021, 10:03:15 PM
Stuart that stock looks spot on mate very nice

Hmm dunno M8 it look`s a bit offset to me LMAO,

;)

Titanium tube and a carbon shroud think the balance maybe just right
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Kernal on February 01, 2021, 10:27:50 PM
This is what Stuart needs from me and KevG

(https://media.giphy.com/media/q8IwLQFwKSw4o/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Daveyb on February 01, 2021, 10:30:56 PM
No he needs this, still makes me smile

https://youtu.be/6TmIPZj79VY
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Kernal on February 01, 2021, 10:36:34 PM
Nice

:)

I`m sure Stuart`s been taught in self defence due to his chinese descendants,

(https://media.giphy.com/media/ZRiMLJWIzQ3kc/giphy-downsized-large.gif)

8)
Title: Re: Hello folks
Post by: Ca_Varminter on February 02, 2021, 03:58:10 PM
Hey Kernal,

Bang!!!!!

(https://media.giphy.com/media/BzVQTP5D4eSTC/giphy.gif)

Stuart