Recent Topics

Welcome to Theoben Rapid Forum. Please login or sign up.

Members
  • Total Members: 1,064
  • Latest: Rob W
Stats
  • Total Posts: 22,848
  • Total Topics: 3,298
  • Online today: 53
  • Online ever: 1,511 (July 25, 2026, 07:29:23 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 30
  • Total: 30
  • Google
  • Baidu (2)

Twitter YouTube Facebook

Theoben Rapid Forum

Click above to make a donation. Thank you for supporting The Theoben Rapid Forum.

Newbie from Scotland

Started by OlympusCol, September 15, 2022, 07:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlympusCol

Hi all

Just joined, so I thought I would give a bit of a intro on myself.

I've not long got back into air rifle shooting again after a long layoff, but I have been back shooting again over the last 5 years or so.

Started off on air rifles using a BSA Meteor and progressed onto a Theoben Sirroco Grand Prix with a few others in between. Then got into 22lr precision shooting in a big way through the army cadets, with my father being the shooting instructor.

After the Cadets I stuck with my air rifles for a while until life in general got in the way. Things like cars, motorcycles, woman and the likes.

Anyway as said got back into shooting again, mainly 22lr and then centrefire shooting mainly for deer stalking and a bit of target work.

Air rifles came back into play once I realised my cousin still had my old Theoben, so once I got my license sorted I bought that back off of him and also bought a S410 as my first PCP.

I've always wanted a Rapid though and I thought I'd best join up here to get to know as much as I can before purchasing.

Thanks for now
Colin
Like Like x 1 View List

Ca_Varminter

Hello Colin.

Glad to see you wanting to join the Big Boys of Airguns...Joke....
I hope you find one soon... and see what you have been missing out on.
A well tune Rapid can be as Accurate as a good .22lr!
Keep all of informed when you find one You like.
Looking forward to your Posts!

Visit Us as Often as You Can..
Stuart

OlympusCol

Thanks Stuart

Yes I'll keep on asking no doubt dumb questions along the way until I find the 1 I'm looking for.

I might actually put a variation in for a FAC rated air rifle and head down that route for the Rapid, as I already have 2 12lb rifles to play with.

I'm off to the range tomorrow with the centrefire rifles and will take the Theoben Sirroco along with me to get it re-zero'd.

nevadacowboy

Welcome aboard buddy. I also originally come from South Lanarkshire but now reside in Derbyshire.
Like Like x 1 View List
Bob
Once a Sapper always a Sapper

KevG

welcome to the forum Colin,hope you find it informative m8.
KevG
Like Like x 1 View List
Regards KevG.
Administrator

OlympusCol

Quote from: nevadacowboy on September 15, 2022, 10:11:05 PM
Welcome aboard buddy. I also originally come from South Lanarkshire but now reside in Derbyshire.

Thanks for the welcome.
Moved away once but ended up back in grass roots.
I think if I had to move away again it would be as far as Canada.
Like Like x 1 View List

KCE

Hi Colin,
Welcome to the forum.
We hope you like what you see on here and look forward to reading your posts in time.
Check out our dedicated you tube channel and please sub if you like our videos.
Enjoy the forum.

Regards Kev.
Regards KCE
Admin.

This website is proudly hosted on Crocweb Cloud Website Hosting.

Crocweb Cloud Website Hosting

Welcome to the Theoben Rapid Forum

© 2026 Theoben Rapid Forum. All rights reserved.