Recent Topics

Welcome to Theoben Rapid Forum. Please login or sign up.

Members
  • Total Members: 1,064
  • Latest: Rob W
Stats
  • Total Posts: 22,855
  • Total Topics: 3,301
  • Online today: 52
  • Online ever: 1,511 (July 25, 2026, 07:29:23 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 23
  • Total: 23
  • Google
  • Baidu (3)

Twitter YouTube Facebook

Theoben Rapid Forum

Click above to make a donation. Thank you for supporting The Theoben Rapid Forum.

SLR observations.

Started by DB.20, September 16, 2021, 10:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DB.20

I enjoyed some time out on the range this evening with the SLR. I got the rifle about 18 months ago but this was the first time I'd really got to have some meaningful time with it. After buying the rifle, I sent it off for an inspection, service and some re-blacking work. This dragged on due to lockdowns etc. but the gun was returned looking brand new. I set up a sheet of carboard at about 15 yards and used what was left in a tin of .22 Daystate Rangemaster (JSB) to start the bedding in process. The rifle settled down fairly quickly as I got through the Daystate pellets, grouping at about 1", seated at a bench. I had a selection of quality pellet brands but opted for H&N FTT. Groups tightened up nicely so I put the targets out to 28 yards and started to concentrate on accuracy and make some scope adjustments. The groupings rapidly improved as I got through about 100 more H&N and I was thinking I'd been lucky with the choice of pellet. With the targets out to 30 Yards and the groups settling at about 3/4", I was definitely feeling smug! Now to put some serious thought into trigger control, intermittent breeze. A few shots at that range and I thought I was getting a one hole group until it became obvious I was now missing the 12" square target. After a bit of panic thinking the rifle had developed a serious problem, I noticed the scope mounts had worked loose. Something a dab of Blue Threadlock should remedy. Seems the rifle is ok and the accuracy can be good with H&N FTT so, feeling fairly pleased so far.  :D

This website is proudly hosted on Crocweb Cloud Website Hosting.

Crocweb Cloud Website Hosting

Welcome to the Theoben Rapid Forum

© 2026 Theoben Rapid Forum. All rights reserved.