Theoben Rapid Forum

Optics => Optics => Topic started by: Topsparx1 on August 06, 2020, 02:24:26 PM

Title: Scope Turret Modification
Post by: Topsparx1 on August 06, 2020, 02:24:26 PM
Hi All, has anyone ever converted normal scope turrets to adjustable ones, by this I mean adjustable without having to remove the dust covers to access the adjuster screw. I have a 3.5-10x50 Simmons WTC (Philippines) with normal windage and elevation turrets.
What I want is similar to the bottom pic, this is by an American company called Stoney Point. Is there anything available in the UK like this ??
Title: Re: Scope Turret Modification
Post by: Ca_Varminter on August 06, 2020, 02:54:26 PM
I did this for my Nikko Scope...
It is a big scope knob.
This so I can use ranging scale on it!!
(https://photos.imageevent.com/scl_electronics/gun/ultimaterapid/websize/skopknob2.jpg)

Here it is before finishing the pointer and ranging tape..
(https://photos.imageevent.com/scl_electronics/gun/ultimaterapid/websize/skopknob3.jpg)

Here is the Finished Scope Knob...
(https://photos.imageevent.com/scl_electronics/gun/ultimaterapid/websize/scopeknoptape.jpg)

The software used to create the ranging tape is made by Scott an avid FT shooter
It has a built in ballistic module to plot the trajectory. Or you can manually enter the value yourself...
http://www.compufoil.com/product_sk.shtml

Stuart
Title: Re: Scope Turret Modification
Post by: Topsparx1 on August 06, 2020, 04:10:55 PM
Impressive ! But a bit more than I need, I only shoot sub 12' so a maximum distance of 45yards for me. Have you seen the Stoney Point turrets at all anywhere ?
Title: Re: Scope Turret Modification
Post by: Daztilley on August 06, 2020, 04:32:34 PM
They do pop up on ebay now and again.... Google might show up any for sale in the UK 👍
Title: Re: Scope Turret Modification
Post by: Topsparx1 on August 06, 2020, 04:50:54 PM
Yeh Daz Ive been looking on the net that's where i saw the Stoney point ones but nothing so far in the UK. My other more expensive option is a new scope with them already fitted 
Title: Re: Scope Turret Modification
Post by: Brooksy on August 08, 2020, 07:09:53 PM
What scope are you using? I ask as I've stripped a couple of them and judging by the engineering, I wouldn't be adjusting them more than once if I'm honest. Far better to learn hold over points.
Title: Re: Scope Turret Modification
Post by: Topsparx1 on August 09, 2020, 09:18:23 AM
Quote from: Brooksy on August 08, 2020, 07:09:53 PM
What scope are you using? I ask as I've stripped a couple of them and judging by the engineering, I wouldn't be adjusting them more than once if I'm honest. Far better to learn hold over points.
I use a Simmons WTC 3.5-10x50 the reticle is very basic as in the picture, which makes hold over and under very difficult
Title: Re: Scope Turret Modification
Post by: Brooksy on August 11, 2020, 09:34:22 PM
The WTC will have a simple erector tube that's bent up, down by screws that push into the side or the bottom. To be honest I reckon each adjustment will give a different result.