Theoben Rapid Forum

Theoben General Chat Area => Theoben Gas-Ram Rifles => Topic started by: Daztilley on June 06, 2020, 05:02:29 AM

Title: Very early fenman .22
Post by: Daztilley on June 06, 2020, 05:02:29 AM
I was very lucky to pick up a very early Fenman .22 last week.
Bought new from the Theoben factory by a WW2 spitfire pilot - the stock is the early American black walnut which people thought at the time looked like a creosote stain ....
The early bean can silencer was fitted at the factory too.
The only scope that should be fitted to a fenman imho is the Simmons WTC - this one is an early coin adjuster type
The gun / silencer / scope all look like they were bought yesterday 😎

Still producing just under 11 fpe and lovely to shoot 👍
Havent checked the serial number yet - TB7422 but they didn't make many with that stock type.

Couple of pics below.....
Title: Re: Very early fenman .22
Post by: KCE on June 06, 2020, 10:29:40 AM
Another real Gem you have there Daz.
I do like that early stock on that one and I have been a fan of the old bean can for many years.
I have never owned a fenman but have shot a few over the years which led me to fit a gasram system in my first bsa lightning.
That is going back some years.
Thank you for the upload Daz.
Regards Kev.
Title: Re: Very early fenman .22
Post by: kennyboy on June 06, 2020, 10:57:46 AM
You lucky bugger Daz I`ve been after a Fenman for ages, all I seem to be able to find is the Evo  and people tell me they arn`t a patch on a Fenman. Ken.
Title: Re: Very early fenman .22
Post by: Daztilley on June 06, 2020, 11:02:43 AM
I got lucky as I pass the guys house on the way to and from work 👍
So none of that posting malarkey 😎
Title: Re: Very early fenman .22
Post by: daystatesniper on June 06, 2020, 01:28:40 PM
Lovely wood on that gal Daz  ,my brother had a ELI "crow magnum"  in .25 laminate ,he sold it after a few weeks lol

atvb' Mick
Title: Re: Very early fenman .22
Post by: stillair1 on June 21, 2020, 02:16:27 PM
Nice one, those offset mods are weighty , built to last. I've got one to stick an early r7 on.