Hello,
I've just joined to hopefully improve my understanding of Theoben Rapids.
I've been slightly obsessed with Airguns since I was given a Webley Victor for my 14th Birthday 43 years ago.
I had a Theoben Grand Prix briefly and then a Rapid 7 Mk1 which I foolishly sold to a friend of a friend about 15 years ago. About 5 years ago he asked if I wanted to buy it back. Obviously I did!
I want to keep the Rapid working well, although at the moment it doesn't leak and shoots brilliantly.
I may have to visit KevG at some point, I think he's in Doncaster and I visit Doncaster every other week for work.
I have just applied for a variation for a .22 FAC air rifle so would also appreciate advice on which model works best in FAC.
Thanks
Hi Living the dream,
Welcome to the Rapid Forum.
Nice to see you got your Rapid 7 back!
Hope you enjoy our Site, and find it informative...
Looking forward to reading you Posts!
Also, since this is KevG site..Just post your Questions to him in his section!
Visit Us as Often as You Can
Stuart
Hi Stuart,
Thank you, there's so much information on this forum, I should be able to find what I need to know!
I've never had to strip the Rapid, but if anything goes wrong with it I know where to start looking.
Thanks again
Webley Victor i had one of them for Christmas loved it.....Back in the day!
Welcome to the forum Livimg the dream!
Hello and welcome. Nice that you got your old Rapid back after 10 years and it's still working well!
Thanks Davyw1 and DB.20!
Kernal, yes I fitted a "TV view" Tasco 4x20 scope to it. Weren't scopes amazing back then?!
I sent it to Venom to have the barrel shortened and they supplied a piston seal and spring kit for it.
It shot really well after I'd tweaked the trigger a bit. I still have it, and recently fitted a new spring and seal. It seems a lot less pleasant to shoot now than when it had the Venom internals.
Venom...Now that is a name I haven't heard for Ages.....
One my first Break-barrels was a Beeman R1(HW 80).
Ordered the Venom Main-Spring, Main-Spring guide and brass trigger arm!!
My first Major rebuild-upgrade on a airgun...
Fun....Made my .20 R1 hit Hard!!!!
Stuart
The beeman r1 was a great tool i have worked on a few over the years.
New extended main spring dampener and top hat made it a lot smoother.
The early HW 80s have stood the test of time i have a mint 1982 HW80 in my cab.
I will upload some pics in time.
Regards kev.
Quote from: KCE on February 12, 2026, 10:19:22 PMThe beeman r1 was a great tool i have worked on a few over the years.
New extended main spring dampener and top hat made it a lot smoother.
The early HW 80s have stood the test of time i have a mint 1982 HW80 in my cab.
I will upload some pics in time.
Regards kev.
Is it for sale ;D