Theoben Rapid Forum

Theoben General Chat Area => Theoben Rapid Discussion => Topic started by: angrybear on January 03, 2026, 02:15:20 PM

Title: Sales advice
Post by: angrybear on January 03, 2026, 02:15:20 PM
First let me make clear the gun is NOT for sale at this time, but I'm after opinions/options.

I've decided not to renew my FAC when it expires later in the year, things like the .243 & .22 semi are easy enough, they are what they are,
but the Rapid FAC provides a bit more of an issue because of the number of options.

I've got multiple stocks, different bottles, Mods, optional QF, or even (if push comes to shove) break it for parts, which I am utterly loath to do.

The best ideas I can up with at the moment would be, either;
1/, Put a price on the action alone, and price all the bits individually,
2/. Put it back to "standard" & sell the rest of the bits.
3/. Offer as a complete rifle priced differently depending on the configuration, ie several adverts whichever sells first get's it.

Rather confusing  :-[ 
Title: Re: Sales advice
Post by: nevadacowboy on January 03, 2026, 05:43:11 PM
Put it back to standard and sell the other bits separately.
Title: Re: Sales advice
Post by: Kernal on January 03, 2026, 06:03:12 PM
I could be wrong here but I'm sure this happened to me once and the police wanted the block with the serial number to be sent to them so it can be destroyed everything else can be sold as parts after that.

Title: Re: Sales advice
Post by: Ca_Varminter on January 03, 2026, 07:11:54 PM
From an Foreigner looking in....
It was to my Understanding ...
Once registered as a FAC always a FAC!
So the Person to speak to is DR Bob!!!
 ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)
Stuart
Title: Re: Sales advice
Post by: Kernal on January 03, 2026, 07:18:25 PM
Quote from: Ca_Varminter on January 03, 2026, 07:11:54 PMFrom an Foreigner looking in....
It was to my Understanding ...
Once registered as a FAC always a FAC!
So the Person to speak to is DR Bob!!!
 ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)
Stuart

Well i think you`ll find that rapid block has to be scrapped by the police....Just like mine did!

Title: Re: Sales advice
Post by: Ca_Varminter on January 03, 2026, 08:00:25 PM
Can't you Sell receiver to an RFD..I think that is what your gun dealers are Called...
Like Dr Bob???
 :-\  :-\  :-\  :-\  :-\  :-\
Stuart
Title: Re: Sales advice
Post by: Kernal on January 04, 2026, 11:49:07 AM
Quote from: Ca_Varminter on January 03, 2026, 08:00:25 PMCan't you Sell receiver to an RFD..I think that is what your gun dealers are Called...
Like Dr Bob???
 :-\  :-\  :-\  :-\  :-\  :-\
Stuart

I think even if you did sell the block to the RFD it still cannot be removed from firearm, and the RFD personally i don`t think he`d be that interested in buying it as the whole gun sell`s for peanuts anyway when they become a firearm from what I've seen.
Title: Re: Sales advice
Post by: Kernal on January 05, 2026, 07:44:18 PM
You know Stuart your right it is sad they do that because a firearm is a firearm when it`s over the limit,...But what if someone take`s it under that limit and it becomes legal again,....Who give the right for the police to say once a firearm always a firearm...that i don`t agree with.

Title: Re: Sales advice
Post by: angrybear on January 06, 2026, 12:57:13 PM
Yes it's FAC & will always be FAC, by std I meant the original stock no QF etc.

I agree it's stupid that it can't be reverted to sub-12, but that's just another part of UK gun law that's not fit for purpose,
Title: Re: Sales advice
Post by: Bigal. on January 09, 2026, 07:20:31 AM
Rfd can take a fac bare block.done 1, Old knackered 1 i was giveth me, used it till it had to much barrel play, they just hand them in. Al,
Title: Re: Sales advice
Post by: Squinty on January 09, 2026, 08:55:33 AM
Don't worry about options, put it back to a reliable 'standard' tune, basic stock, a bottle and mag and advertise/sell it as that.
Title: Re: Sales advice
Post by: Kernal on January 09, 2026, 05:13:55 PM
Quote from: Squinty on January 09, 2026, 08:55:33 AMDon't worry about options, put it back to a reliable 'standard' tune, basic stock, a bottle and mag and advertise/sell it as that.

Hey i just had a thought,

You could send the block to the police to be destroyed and upgrade the block to DRBOB`S now that would be something!

Like i said just a thought!..  ::)