Theoben Rapid Forum

Theoben General Chat Area => Theoben Gas-Ram Rifles => Topic started by: JS-NZ on September 29, 2025, 01:45:25 AM

Title: Eliminator popularity...
Post by: JS-NZ on September 29, 2025, 01:45:25 AM
Hi All, just curious why it seems the eliminator is the least popular of the rammers? Is it simply that they are tailored to being a high power, big cylinder, heavy FAC beast?
I imagine in sub12 they would be a little sluggish, like the HW80 etc?
Title: Re: Eliminator popularity...
Post by: Ca_Varminter on September 29, 2025, 03:24:02 PM
Yes It can be tuned....releasing some pressure in the Ram...
But It was Made for High power!
So the Ram Stroke will be a lot Longer than it needs to be....
Btw.. I own the Beemans import, Crow Magnum in .20cal

Stuart
Title: Re: Eliminator popularity...
Post by: JS-NZ on October 01, 2025, 12:46:52 AM
Thanks, I thought that may be the case.. Im based in New Zealand so have no power limits. Im looking at one thats come up reasonable price compared to the usual sirocco, fenman etc, so thought id try find out if there was any other reason for their lack of popularity..
Title: Re: Eliminator popularity...
Post by: DAVYW1 on October 01, 2025, 07:48:18 AM
I had an Eliminator years ago before i got my first Rapid. Like has been said it was tough enough to cock, resonabley heavy and did have a good bit of recoil. I had to replace a few scopes due to broken reticles as the recoil pattern seemed to gradually wreck them. It wasnt the easiest gun to shoot accurately either and was very hold sensitive. Nice stock though and was running around 30 ft/lbs with .22 Field Target Trophies.
Title: Re: Eliminator popularity...
Post by: Kernal on October 02, 2025, 06:09:22 PM
I remember tuning a hw80 on the same level as the Eliminator and for me it was on par with that gun with power and accuracy.

Infact i sold the Eliminator to buy the hw80 that i tuned up myself to give what i could say the best break barrel I've ever owned.

 :)

Title: Re: Eliminator popularity...
Post by: angrybear on October 06, 2025, 01:14:14 PM
Quote from: JS-NZ on October 01, 2025, 12:46:52 AMThanks, I thought that may be the case.. Im based in New Zealand so have no power limits. Im looking at one thats come up reasonable price compared to the usual sirocco, fenman etc, so thought id try find out if there was any other reason for their lack of popularity..

No, just that FAC air is a very small market, & break barrels are a small part of that market.
Title: Re: Eliminator popularity...
Post by: Tacker on November 13, 2025, 01:40:31 PM
I've always fancied one.
To me they look like a proper air rifle.
Did think of buying one a couple of years ago as I'd a variation for another fac air rifle on my ticket.
There was quite a few on guntrader at the time.
Bought a MK2 Rapid to go with my MK1.
Probably the most sensible choice.

I might look out for a tidy Scirocco.
Nice to have a rammer again in the cabinet.
Title: Re: Eliminator popularity...
Post by: Kernal on November 14, 2025, 04:09:25 PM
I do remember three things about the Eliminator and the first one was it was dam heavy, And the second one was it was dam hard to cock, And it was pellet fussy too.

 :)
Title: Re: Eliminator popularity...
Post by: JS-NZ on November 17, 2025, 01:56:24 AM
Thanks, it should land this week so ill find out! apparently been reduced in power to 24fpe from the full 28-30ish so should be a little more tame to cock and shoot.. Ive got an early sirocco, a later sirocco grand prix project under way, so this will be a welcome addition.

Also a mkii rapid coming with it
Title: Re: Eliminator popularity...
Post by: Kernal on November 18, 2025, 07:58:56 PM
Be interesting to see what you think of the eliminator when you get it,...I don`t like to put dampeners on what you buy but when i got mine i thought why did i even bother and just buy the rapid it`s lighter better accuracy easier to shoot and it just goes on and on.

But like i say be interesting to see what you think post pictures of the gun you get to bring back some good memories for me & other members be good to see it again in the woods stood up next to a old tree!

 :)
Title: Re: Eliminator popularity...
Post by: JS-NZ on November 25, 2025, 06:37:46 PM
Quote from: Kernal on November 18, 2025, 07:58:56 PMBe interesting to see what you think of the eliminator when you get it,...I don`t like to put dampeners on what you buy but when i got mine i thought why did i even bother and just buy the rapid it`s lighter better accuracy easier to shoot and it just goes on and on.

But like i say be interesting to see what you think post pictures of the gun you get to bring back some good memories for me & other members be good to see it again in the woods stood up next to a old tree!

 :)

Got it. It's a beast. Shooting for any length of time would be a workout!
But it's a beautifully made beast and shot cycle surprisingly docile for its size and power - still quite a thump.

I mainly got it to share freight cost of getting a rapid, so glad to have both now.


Title: Re: Eliminator popularity...
Post by: DB.20 on November 25, 2025, 09:00:42 PM
Fine looking pair of Theobens you have there!
Title: Re: Eliminator popularity...
Post by: DAVYW1 on November 25, 2025, 10:20:50 PM
Lovely looking pair! Enjoy!
Title: Re: Eliminator popularity...
Post by: xjral on April 20, 2026, 10:00:19 AM
Glad the Elim got to you safely, Jono.   Having just seen this pic, I am now experiencing sellers remorse!