Theoben Rapid Forum

Introductions. => Introductions => Topic started by: Craigash on May 23, 2022, 05:18:28 PM

Title: Identify my rapid model please.
Post by: Craigash on May 23, 2022, 05:18:28 PM
Hi everyone can someone identify the model and year of my recent purchase please? I have looked at serial numbers and nothing seems to tally.  Thankyou.
013458
Title: Re: Identify my rapid model please.
Post by: lone wolf on May 23, 2022, 05:38:10 PM
I cant seem to place that either?

Title: Re: Identify my rapid model please.
Post by: Ca_Varminter on May 23, 2022, 06:34:39 PM
I uploaded a pdf showing production dates....In the download area

With a SN# 013458
It was made in Dec 2002...

hth,
Stuart
Title: Re: Identify my rapid model please.
Post by: Craigash on May 23, 2022, 06:56:03 PM
Sorry Stuart I am a Newby where do I find the download area?
Title: Re: Identify my rapid model please.
Post by: Kernal on May 23, 2022, 07:12:21 PM
Quote from: Craigash on May 23, 2022, 06:56:03 PM
Sorry Stuart I am a Newby where do I find the download area?

Hi Craigash you can find the downloads area just next to the home page and forum page at the main forum page, I`ve tagged an image to display where this area is,

:)
Title: Re: Identify my rapid model please.
Post by: Craigash on May 23, 2022, 07:44:14 PM
Thanks for that. I must be missing something I can't see my serial number. The last one is 012579 then it goes to 00.
Title: Re: Identify my rapid model please.
Post by: Squinty on May 23, 2022, 08:29:25 PM
There should be two spread sheets, the early one goes up to when the company was sold to M Rutherford, the second covers the full production span but is based on a production estimate.
You're probably looking at the early one.

Theoben Rapid Systems on the block, two screw bolt gate probably 2003 (oops just seen Stewart's post)
Title: Re: Identify my rapid model please.
Post by: Craigash on May 23, 2022, 08:41:35 PM
Thanks for that. So would it be a mk1 January?
Title: Re: Identify my rapid model please.
Post by: Ca_Varminter on May 23, 2022, 09:31:00 PM
From the far left column... it shows the top row: From(beginning), next the bottom row: To(ending) of the serial number series...
So for Dec 2002, the beginning SN# 0013426, to the end SN#0013519...
So your SN# 013458 drop right in the middle of the range by Theoben...

Stuart
Title: Re: Identify my rapid model please.
Post by: Squinty on May 24, 2022, 06:27:53 AM
Quote from: Craigash on May 23, 2022, 08:41:35 PM
Thanks for that. So would it be a mk1 January?

Yes it's definitely a mk1 with a Gamo trigger.
Dec 2002 /Jan 2003 or there abouts,

either pull it a cracker or stick a candle on a left over mince pie for its birthday  :D