Theoben Rapid Forum

Introductions. => Introductions => Topic started by: EddieP on March 24, 2022, 04:23:41 PM

Title: New Member
Post by: EddieP on March 24, 2022, 04:23:41 PM
Hi,

I live in the Carnforth area of Lancashire, and I have a Rapid 7 Mk 1 which I've owned from new. Recently it developed a leak, but the local gunsmiths I contacted seem to regard it as 'obsolete', and claim they can't get spares for it. I'd prefer my pride and joy to be fixed by someone who regards it as the design classic it is, rather than a relic, and I'm hoping that someone on here can point me in the right direction please?
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: Ca_Varminter on March 24, 2022, 04:47:32 PM
Hi EddieP,

Thanks for signing up for all the Rapid Fun!
You have come ton the right place!!
The man to talk to is KevG..
He is The Rapid Repair Man!
I am sure he can fix you and your Rapid, in No time!!

Since this your first Post... you can't PM him at this moment...
So just make a post in his Area!
https://rapidforum.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=60.0

I hope you enjoy our Site!
Visit Us as Often as You Can!
Stuart
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: KCE on March 24, 2022, 11:53:59 PM
Hi EddieP

Welcome to the forum.
We hope you enjoy what you see and enjoy the forum.
As Stuart said im sure kevG will come to your hour of need and be able to sort you out in no time

Regards Kev.
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: EddieP on March 25, 2022, 08:03:18 AM
Thank you both for your rapid and helpful replies, I'll do as you suggest and contact KevG!
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: nevadacowboy on March 25, 2022, 02:44:14 PM
Welcome aboard buddy. KevG is the answer to all your rapid problems.
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: angrybear on March 25, 2022, 07:44:31 PM
New O ring kits are available on ebay for a few £, I like the kit from A1tackleshop because it has a good shadow guide for which is which.
& a new black valve & stem from DrBob.

It's surprisingly easy and very satisfying to DIY, with the aid of a guide if you need to.
Title: Re: New Member
Post by: KevG on March 26, 2022, 12:08:32 PM
welcome to the forum Eddie m8,enjoy
KevG