Hi there, great to join this Forum. I have a Rapid 7 MkII (FAC). Had it for years, but have not used it since last winter.
Love the gun, which I use for vermin control - mainly rats and squirrels around the shoot at the end of the season. With Covid now forcing the premature end of our shooting season, I got the Rapid out of the cabinet to discover it is leaking air and unusable. It needs a service. Last serviced about ten years ago by Ben Taylor, who also fitted a regulator. Also looking to have a quick fill fitted. Would welcome any advice on where to go for this, or if there is anyone on this forum that does this work. Don't feel comfortable tackling it myself and struggling to find anywhere local to me (West Oxfordshire).
Many thanks in advance.
Steve
Hi Steve,
Good to have you onboard here with us.
you made a good choice with a rapid mk2 they have stood the test of time.
Enjoy the forum and I look forward to reading your posts in time.
Check out out dedicated you tube channel on here.
Regards kev.
Hi Steve,
I am glad to see you found all of us Rapid owners here.
If you check the tech area, there is a lot of great info, if you want to tackle that leak yourself.
Rapids are engineering marvel....
It has a unique ability to nail pounding accuracy.... But it only take a couple of allen keys and wrench
to repair it!!
But if not your cup of Tea.... Give a shout to KevG on this Forum...
He is the true Rapid Tuner and Fixer..
I look forward to you get your Rapid up and shooting...Creating some stories to post
Good Luck,
Visit Us as Often as You Can!
Stuart
welcome to the forum m8.
KevG
Welcome aboard mate. O ring service kits are available on the bay and you will find all the guidance you need in the technical section of the forum. As said previously KevG is our resident Rapid wizard.What he doesn't know about rapids isn't worth knowing.
Welcome to the forum mate 👍
Many thanks for the welcomes. I will check in with KevG.
Best wishes for the New Year! Things have got to start getting better, surely....
Steve
PS: KevG - have sent you an email.
Welcome to the forum. Kevg has sorted any problems I have had in the last 10 years, including getting more shot counts from my FAC which had been previously converted by Ben Taylor.
Just a thought.....but I had leak issues and went down the route of fitting the quick fill and gauge, I machined the stock myself and although it is neat I regret doing it. Once the leak was sorted and it was set up well by Kevg the need to re fill dropped right down, in hindsight I would have just added a gauge and not machined the stock for a quick fill.
Good luck, however it goes and welcome
Gudge - many thanks.
Intrigued to know why you regret having the quick fill..? With my FAC I get about 120 shots from a fill. Easily used on an evening ratting. The quick fill mod just seems to make sense, and avoids having to change buddy bottles, with the associated worry of damage to O-rings etc. Put the dive tank in the back of the Landie and good to go.
Just assumed that the quick fill mod was a no-brainer..?
Steve
Continuing this thread in the 'technical' section.
Steve
Steve,
It is a personal thing, my regret was only regarding the risk to the stock when machining it then having being told the resale value is reduced if modified by my local RFD. I clearly do not use mine as much as you do with yours, so I do not need to fill it so often. On the plus side my bottle valve developed a small leak, and since it now stays on the gun it does not matter. Good luck with yours however it goes. Gudge
Gudge,
Many thanks for your posts. Would have thought the quick fill would add value, although I know dealers dislike after market modifications. I am not so worried about modifying the stock, so long as it is done neatly (i.e. by someone that knows what they are doing).
For now, my priority is getting the leaking air sorted - I have rats that need attention. Am going to have a go at replacing the O rings on the reg myself. In the meantime, my old Webley Vulcan (sub 12 ft/lb) is getting some use - still remarkably good, for an old springer!
Steve